Nathan & Nathan PC is growing! We are in search of an attorney to join our team in our Birmingham, AL, office. This attorney will be responsible for the intake and substantiation of new claims received from clients in addition to reviewing and signing pleadings and correspondence. Candidate may also be responsible for attending court hearings and managing negotiations with various parties. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with a self-starter mindset. A strong work ethic and ability to work both individually and with a team are a must. Additionally, this candidate will be proficient in computer use and able to navigate electronic legal researching technology. This position requires a current, valid Mississippi state license. Nathan & Nathan also practices in Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama, so having valid licensure in those states, as well, is a plus. The ability and willingness to obtain licensure in another jurisdiction will also be considered an advantage.
Regional creditor’s rights firm based in Birmingham, AL, is seeking a full-time licensed Mississippi and Alabama Attorney to work in Birmingham, AL.
* Intake and substantiation of new claims received from clients
* Reviewing and signing pleadings and correspondence
* Participate in developing the strategy, etc., in order to prepare for the presentation of cases
* Research and interpret laws, regulations, procedures, etc.
* Maintain compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other applicable regulations.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
* Other duties as required.
* Juris Doctor degree (J.D) and 0-3 years of experience, or an equivalent of education, training, and experience.
* Must hold a current, valid state licensure to practice law in Mississippi and Alabama
* State licenses for Georgia and Tennessee are a plus.
* Additionally, willingness to obtain these additional licensures is a plus.
* Computer saavy
* Ability to multitask
* Birmingham, AL
* Travel for court appearances
Compensation and Benefits
* Annual Salary based upon experience
* Paid Time Off (PTO): 10 days + Holidays
* Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and 401k
* Promotional opportunities within the firm
Since 1991, the creditors’ rights law firm of Nathan & Nathan, P.C. has provided local and national businesses innovative and cost-effective collections and legal solutions throughout the state of Alabama. In response to the requests of several clients, the firm expanded its collections operation to Tennessee in 2005, to Mississippi in 2013 and to Georgia in 2014.
Nathan & Nathan, P.C. continues to specialize exclusively in collections and creditors’ rights focusing on the quick and efficient pursuit of the maximum recoveries for our clients while strictly complying with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Nathan & Nathan places a unique emphasis on supreme customer service related to both our internal and external customers. We pride ourselves on working with, not against, consumers, which we feel provides the greatest benefit for our clients.
Not only do we avail ourselves of all available avenues of the legal process for our clients, but we employ a state-of-the-art collections management software system to track each account. We continue to take advantage of all technological advancements in our rapidly changing industry, and we cater to our diversified national and local clients by adopting various strategies and procedures unique to each of their respective needs.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) Matching
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Birmingham, AL 35233 (Preferred)
* Mississippi and Alabama Bar (Required)
* One location
* On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
* Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
* Monday to Friday
* Day shift
* 8 hour shift
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Temporarily due to COVID-19