Nathan & Nathan PC is growing! We are in search of an attorney to join our team in our Birmingham, AL, office. This attorney will be responsible for the intake and substantiation of new claims received from clients in addition to reviewing and signing pleadings and correspondence. Candidate may also be responsible for attending court hearings and managing negotiations with various parties. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with a self-starter mindset. A strong work ethic and ability to work both individually and with a team are a must. Additionally, this candidate will be proficient in computer use and able to navigate electronic legal researching technology. This position requires a current, valid Georgia state license. Nathan & Nathan also practices in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama, so having valid licensure in those states, as well, is a plus. The ability and willingness to obtain licensure in another jurisdiction will also be considered an advantage.
· Intake and substantiation of new claims received from clients
· Reviewing and signing pleadings and correspondence
· Participate in developing the strategy, etc., in order to prepare for the presentation of cases
· Research and interpret laws, regulations, procedures, etc.
· Maintain compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other applicable regulations.
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
· Other duties as required.
· Juris Doctor degree (J.D) and 0-3 years of experience, or an equivalent of education, training, and experience.
· Must hold a current, valid state licensure to practice law in Georgia.
· State licenses for Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama are a plus.
· Additionally, willingness to obtain these additional licensures is a plus.
· Computer saavy
· Ability to multitask
· Birmingham, AL
· Travel: 25-50%
Compensation and Benefits
· Annual Salary based upon experience
· Paid Time Off (PTO): 10 days + Holidays
· Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and 401k
· Promotional opportunities within the firm