Nathan & Nathan PC is growing! We are in search of a full time Compliance Specialist to join our compliance team in our Birmingham, AL, office. We are a creditors’ rights firm that is looking for team members that enjoy analyzing patterns to solve problems in workflow. The compliance team is ultimately responsible for analyzing data to ensure that all standards are met and maintained in accordance with laws and regulations, policies and procedures, and the operational foundations of the firm.
· Assist in ensuring that all auditing functions, deadlines, and procedures are being followed as directed by the Manager of Training & Internal Audit
· Supporting the compliance and audit team
· Pulling server reports
· Analyzing and flagging files
· Escalating questions and issues to management, as appropriate
· Cross referencing data to discover audit findings in regards to firm Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), client requirements, and federal and/or state law.
· Data entry, copying, scanning, and other duties as assigned for the department.
· HS Diploma or GED
· Some college (preferred)
· MS Office Suite experience, especially Excel (intermediate to advanced skill level)
· Committed to meeting deadlines
· Process oriented, and loves to understand the process beyond just the steps (“why” do we do this?)
· Extremely reliable
· Organized and detailed oriented
· Computer savvy
· Ability to multitask
· Enjoys taking ownership of work product
Location & Schedule
· Birmingham, AL
· Travel: none
· Hours: Mon-Fri, with flexible start and finish times.
Compensation and Benefits
· Rate of pay based upon experience
· Paid Time Off (PTO): 10 days + Holidays
· Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and 401k
· Promotional opportunities within the firm